Silhouette released V4.2.279 in February 2019. Here is a list of the features directly from the website.
Standard Edition and above
- Color Fonts now supported
- Print Bleed – Extend the printed area outside the cut lines to ensure that no white, unprinted areas are showing on the edges of your cut-out.
- Thumbnail previews – STUDIO3 file thumbnails now display as a preview of the file.
- Silhouette Library Updates (For a full list of changes, scroll down to ‘Library Updates’)
Designer Edition and above
- Lasso Selection tool – Select multiple shapes using the lasso tool.
- Warp Templates – Bend shapes and text with the pre-defined templates.
Designer Edition Plus and above
- Flexishapes – Quickly create and edit complex shapes.
- Puzzle Generator – Turn your photos into puzzles with the puzzle creator
- Font Creation – Turn your handwriting into a font
- Digital Font Creation – Create your own font using the design tools within Studio
- Edition Toggling – Quickly adjust your display to match alternate editions of Studio
- Thumbnail size slider – Adjust the size of design thumbnails with the new thumbnail slider
- ‘File Types’ & ‘Sort By’ filters – Library designs can now be filtered with the new ‘File Types’ & ‘Sort By’ filters
- Favorites folder – Designs can now be Favorited by clicking the ‘Star’ symbol, these files can then be found in the new ‘Favorites’ folder
- Library & Design split-view – View the Library and Design page simultaneously by clicking the Library icon that appears on the left-hand side toolbar while on the ‘Design’ page
- Unseen design indicator – New designs that have not been interacted with will have a blue bold title marking them as unseen. Folders containing unseen designs will display a blue dot. To mark designs as seen you can:
- Right-click a folder and select ‘Mark All as Seen’.
- Right-click the unseen design and select ‘Mark as Seen’
- Left-click the unseen design
- Once a folder no longer contains “unseen” designs, the blue dot will disappear.
- Library Import UX update
- Empty Folder indicator – Empty library folders will now show ‘This folder is empty.’ within the thumbnail view when selected
- Expandable Library thumbnails – Library thumbnails can now be expanded by clicking the icon that appears when hovering over a design
- Silhouette Studio will now request that a library backup is created before migrating the library into a Silhouette Studio 4.2 compatible state
- Local User files and a chosen Silhouette account will be merged into a single library account or these Local User files can be exported to a user-specified location on your hard drive.
- Advanced Settings have been added to the Library, from here you can:
- Take a snapshot of the current library state. These snapshots can then be reverted to if in rare circumstances a library is lost
- Remove duplicated files
- To access the Library, a Silhouette account needs to be signed in. The Silhouette account can be set to ‘Work Offline’ which will stop automatic syncing.”